Sunday, June 10, 2012

I Finally Have Time to Write...

Hi all, Keeping a blog is a great idea, a great way to let friends and relatives in on what's happening with the Goertzen family. However, writing on it regularly can be challenging. As many of you know, there has been a recent addition to the Goertzen clan. The name of this beautiful addition is, of course, Avery Caroline Fahlman Goertzen. AND she is gorgeous! She was born March 15 to Jason and Shelley. Grandpa and Grandma spent time with her and her parent in April. Grandpa and Avery spent quality time on the couch on a Saturday afternoon with Avery asleep on Grandpa's chest while he slept! Nothing is better than developing healthy activities with your grandchild! Looking forward to visiting with her again really soon. Jason finished another year at Augustana College. He seems to be enjoying his work there. Shelley is trying to keep up with her sleep while feeding Avery every 2 to 4 hours. They're going to make great parents! Scott is trying to find a permanent position teaching somewhere. He's had a few shots at maternity leaves, but so far no luck. I've got my fingers, toes and eyes crossed for him. I'm hoping for some position in or near Regina. I really don't want both of my children so far away for us. But if it happens, then we'll have to adapt. He's enjoying life still and is planning on working at the Willow this summer again to help with his expenses. Deb is still working at Rosemont. It's a nice school with a good staff; her rookie principal is a friend of mine and is pretty good at her tough job. They seem to be working well together. Her health has been a lot better since last spring and only been off sick with the occasional cold or flu. (Touch wood) She's kept busy most of this spring with scrapbooking our trip to Hawaii in February. What a trip! We cruised 4 of the islands and stayed a couple extra days before and after our trip in Waikiki. Wow! Enjoyed every minute of it. We had our share of rain in the 9 days that we were there but all in all it was a great holiday. You know the kind - one that you need another holiday just to get over the first! She loves being Grandma, shopping at mall has a new twist - the baby section and trust me, she never misses a chance for a visit to that section and rarely does she NOT buy something! I'm still at Janzen, love it! 6 hours daily + walking out exactly at 3:30 is quite enjoyable. The kids I work with are great! The staff is fantastic - the outlook looks good too. My photography business is about the same - I have no weddings this summer, but one in Sept. and another next February. I've got a few sittings to keep up my skills and to keep me somewhat busy. I've done quite a few sittings this spring and it seems to be going fine. Looking forward to a relaxing summer and a chance to get out and do some scenery shots. Both Deb and I will be at the lake a few times with friends, but mainly it will be Deb at the lake trying to keep the place in order and me keeping the home front upright. Try sending us an email, would love to hear from all of you and tell us what you're up to. Love to all, take care. Rene

No comments: